Pai Pai Pai!
Feeling grateful this place is so magical because honestly never has a 3 hour van ride provided such fear and motion sickness!! The mountain pass to get here was a gong show with a Thai Mario Andretti at the wheel. I can still feel the bruise on my left arm from getting BASHED into the side of the mini van interior at each of the 700+ sharp turns! There were very nearly grown men tears today upon discovering at this particular time of year the flight that would have been far preferred for the return is not happening. Let us digress...
I am slowly indoctrinating myself into this ridiculously hippy flavoured town. I bought some pants that complete the transformation but I am just not quite ready to sport them in public. It's coming!!!
Today I took a wee video of how sleepy Pai is mid day. Tomorrow I will capture some of it at night. A shockingly different vibe. And the whole avocado toast thing is, apparently, a world WIDE phenomenon!!!!
There's a glimmer of possibility for a motorcycle rental in the next couple of days and a ride in some mountains. That would be a real treat!!
The last challenge of the day was trying to sort out what kind of fruit smoothie to order. As you can see, it's fairly serious business.
Get here sometime. Just get here. 😎


No comments:
Post a Comment