Thursday, September 19, 2013

AGAIN: Day one: tired and happy


Well it was quite a day. 23 Km's (approx) of steady climb.  And I mean steady.  This kind of steady:  


If I knew how to say 'I got my ass kicked' in French I would insert that here!

I walked with some lovely people today.  Kate from Nashville, and Michael and Victoria (a father/daughter combo) from England.  

I lost them in the last 5 Km's and hope to have dinner with then now that I have found my way to the Albuerge.  Albuerge is what I'll sleep in most evenings.  



This was (reportedly) the toughest day I can expect from a physical stand point.  I am suspect, but allowing myself to be a little bit relieved by this news.  
Fortunately lunch got me through the afternoon!



The cafe con leche is making me very happy.  I rewarded myself with them twice today.  

I am going to sleep like the world is ending tonight I suspect.  It will be good.  

In other news, I learned today that I can receive texts at no charge.  Text me!   Just don't expect a response.  Your encouraging words will be welcome. Going to post now, and hopefully will have more from destinations unknown tomorrow!


1 comment: