Yeah, so you're supposed to read the entry title a la 'streetcar named desire'.... Yeah so? I walked another 21 Km's today. I am delirious. What do you want!?
Well, maybe it was 19. It depends which book you refer to, but I am going with 21. Because I can. My walking partner this morning, her book says 19. I told Tess that for today I am going with my total of 21, but tomorrow I will go with hers as it suggests it's. shorter day!
Most of the morning was a winding path through fields of grape vines, olive trees, fig trees and conveniently placed blackberry bushes. I ate my fair share of grapes and blackberries. They were delicious. Amazing how good things taste when you feel you've earned it.
I also had the best cafe I have had yet sitting alone thinking about how good I was feeling. That was followed by lunch at a small town a little further along where I put my feet in a very cold river for 20 minutes. It was like shangri la. Shangri f'ing la I am telling you.
In 2, maybe three days time (depending on how the feets hold up) I will be in a town called Logronos, of the Rioja region. Yep. I see a day of rest (read a day of mass wine consumption) while there. I am really looking forward.
I am walking with some lovely people. Considerate caring bunch. And have moved ahead of some others I hope to run into again. I remain sore. And tired. And grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment