Well... There are a number of things to talk about today.
First off, my sleep last night was crap. Mostly because of the symphony of snoring happening in the room. Literally. I am NOT exaggerating. I heard it in 4 part harmony. Thank goodness today was a new day.
I arrived at the 24 km goal to find the Casa Rural full, and the municipal Alburgue really unacceptable. I walked another (almost) 4 Km's to the next town, and have been having a wonderful evening. Fortunately the 4 snorers are in the floor below and my room is filled with friends so it should be a lovely night.
Our host tonight at the Albuerge where we are having dinner is a serious joker. He keeps asking of people (who are not staying here) want to taste his food and then brings out ridiculously small portions. He's fantastic.
It was a tough day for me today, 28km's after something that put me off for the start of the day, but I took my frustrations out on the mountains today, which incidentally I am counting on to result in a much more shapely backside by the time I get home!
Some beautiful sights today, which will be in the post that follows. I remain grateful for inexpensive, amazing wine, a sense of accomplishment, and new friends.
Thanks for following along North America.
No comments:
Post a Comment