Thursday, September 26, 2013

Back to the grind...

Well, after a luxurious day and a half in Logrono, I am back at it. I have just ended my 20 or so Km's for the day. I have but one new blister to report and am feeling good. I will say however, the true danger in stopping for a day is that when the pack goes back on I sure do feel it.

It was a really nice walk today. Some faces that were familiar in earlier days were around today, one of the benefits of spending an extra day in the city. It made the send off of the other friends less dramatic for sure.

On the way today I encountered green grapes. For the first time. I sampled needless to say and this has been by far the tastiest discovery I have made yet!! SOOOO GOOD!

A beautiful stop amidst a wealth of hay was really great, and a short stroll later I am staying in the nicest Alburgue I have been in yet. Kind kind people, clean and quiet and comfortable and lovely. I will wake up early and get at it tomorrow again, with an intense need to find my rhythm again.

More tomorrow from the next stop on the way..

No comments:

Post a Comment