Sunday, September 29, 2013

Beautiful Scottish Weather

Yep, well it was an interesting day to say the least. Walked today with the lovely group I had dinner with last night. We had lunch together too. Mainly from France, they are given me great opportunity to practice my French. I am grateful for this.

Didn't get a great sleep last night. Despite the Alburgue being really quite awesome, the beds in the room I was in squeaked like the world was ending. All. Night. Long. Seriously a pain. Anyway, put in another 23 Km's today and was really feeling quite good. I took more frequent breaks today, and alongside a cool (and often wet) weather situation, it really seemed to make a difference.

I found a second wind today after lunch. The towns were closer together today as well, and the natural impetus to stop was a help.

Having broken the 250km threshold, Burgos is only 2 days away. I think that may be the spot for my next day off. Feet are holding up well.

Tomorrow has quite miserable weather in the forecast. Combined with a 400 metre increase in height it could prove to be a challenging day. I am going to leave with pants on, and head out into the abyss regardless of the weather. It will be interesting to see how long I last in it.

Send your best wishes for short bursts of rain. And continued cool-ish temps! Continuing to make new friends, and enjoying the challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment