That does it. Photos are messing with my posts. I'll separate them from here on in
As I was saying...
Well, the body feels broken but the spirit is strong.
I walked 24km's today. The blisters felt good overall, and I think only one or two began to form over the day. It's a sure sign of how f'd up my feet are as I am truly doing all the things I am supposed to in order to avoid them. Meh. What are ya gonna do. Keep the treatment up and move on. 21km's on the docket tomorrow. Such fun.
There was some ascent again today. It did, once again, kick my ass. Mostly though because I had to come back down. The walking poles I have are proving priceless. Many around me who came without have acquired them since. I am a little in awe of the fact that its only day 4. Holy hell. Only 4!?
So, it's official now. There was not much question before, but this is now fully the craziest physical challenge I have ever faced. And it's only day 4. As my new German friends would say... Shiza.
To those of you who have sent encouragement, I am grateful. Keep it coming. It truly means a lot. Thoughts of home are frequent. I'll take a few steps for you all again tomorrow.
xo
Gregorio
Ps. Jack James, thanks for following along. Please tell your teacher, and your class that I am sorry for any profanity. As soon as the pain subsides I will wash my mouth out with soap ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment