So on Tuesday between 430 and 630 it is free to tour the cathedral in Burgos. I took a day off today, mostly to rest, and maybe partially to avoid really miserable weather. I am humbled by the scale of this architectural masterpiece. So beautiful. The best thing I did with my day of reset today.
Today I have seen people off, and run into familiar faces again. Truly it is the blessing and the curse of the camino. It's amazing the way you bond with people while on a shared (yet independent) adventure. The balance of alone time and group activity is relative, and no one seems to judge anyone's needs on a particular day. It's amazing.
I had the best meal I have had yet with friends old and new last night, and enjoyed an afternoon jam session at a cafe where the owner was kind enough to lend me his guitar a short while ago. The jam session was the second best thing i have done with my day! The wine last night at dinner, and a guitar in my hands today after an extended absence both left me high.
Truly it is a Buen Camino.
No comments:
Post a Comment