I have just finished a bowl of soup, the only course I am having for dinner. It was amazing actually. It was a light simple meal and exactly what the doctor ordered today.
I was remiss the other day in neglecting to mention my stop in Carrion des Condes. This day I arrived to tea and a snack from a group of nuns. What followed that afternoon was a song circle led by two young teenage girls who 'has dee geeft of musica'. It was amazing really. I was not feeling particularly well but I was so emotional about these young ladies giving their gifts I really wanted to participate. I was the only other, and did two songs. It was followed by a heartfelt conversation with the two girls and the one sister who was able to help translate. I remain grateful that the gift of music transcends language barriers and borders. It was a magical evening and led into a communal dinner, one of the most special evenings I have spent on my journey.
Back to today, I walked again. About 24 or 25 again. Yep, if you're new that's Km's. if this info is new, get it together people.... Start checking in more regularly!!
I will hit Leon tomorrow and am so ready for a dose of city. My cold is truly on the out now, and I am feeling better finally. Not quite 100% but definitely better.
I am well past THE HALF WAY point now, which I have to say is seemingly a small miracle when I really think about it. Just today my ankle is being a little fussy so I take it as a sign that a bit of a rest may be coming.
I continue to be blessed with amazing people along the way. I am grateful. To those of you following, thanks for coming along with me :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment