Well.... It's been a few days since I wrote last and there's been time to decompress.
I spent just a day and a half in Santiago, going to mass and eating some good food. Mostly it was to dry out my shoes.
Saturday I travelled to Finisterra and enjoyed the sun and the sea. I also enjoyed enough calamari and prawns for three people. YES!!
Finisterra was quite a beautiful place. From a landscape perspective it reminded me very much of Newfoundland. I took a short 7km round trip walk to the point and lighthouse. It was quite windy, but the view was spectacular and I had some time to reflect on the last few weeks. I am feeling good. Exhausted. Some sense of pride. Ultimately very happy.
Many bus hours later I have gone back to Santiago and then on to Portugal. I'll be here for a little bit before travelling home via Paris where I am fortunate to have been invited to dinner and couch surfing for a night before my flight home. Camino friends already proving invaluable. And one I'd not have caught up with again if not for that opportunity. Awesome.
Portugal is rainy this morning with a promise of clearing later. Laundry, some groceries that involve heavy vegetable content for dinner, and new earphones all on the agenda for today. Minimal walking. MINIMAL!!
Have a great week everyone....
No comments:
Post a Comment