I had a great walk today. I was walking with Michael and Vicki and Angela. The sun was out, it was cool and there was no rain. The sound track was mostly a river flowing and birds chirping.
I was meant to do a major climb today but just as I was about to start 3 people in a row showed up and recommended an alternate route. My ankle is thanking me.
I am in a small small town and the food in the place where I am staying smelled soo good when I walked in. I am looking forward to dinner. I knew i was in the right spot when I saw the sign for gluten free menu. Not that I will abide, but there's gotta be some kinda quality here!!
I assume to be maybe 8 or so walking days from Santiago now. This feels incredible really. I don't know how it happened. I am being careful to eat proper and take vitamins so as to avoid any further setback between here and there. I feel good. Strong. I'd like a smooth finish.
Beautiful mountain scenery surrounded me today. And amazingly picturesque small towns. This is a walk that truly provides when you need it. What a blessing it has been to share it with the many people I have met along the way. I am sure there are still a few yet to meet. Feeling especially grateful today.
I am going to go dip my sore ankle into a cold mountain stream that is just a few steps away. This will be far superior to any ice pack.
Happy Thursday friends....
No comments:
Post a Comment