Friday, October 11, 2013

Thanksgiving...

It's been a couple of years since I have been away for thanksgiving. I can't say I ever figured I would be away because I was taking a short 7 or 8 hundred km stroll across Spain.

I was noticing on my walk today that the leaves are even changing colour here so as to make me feel a little more at home this weekend. Then to boot I walked into an Albuerge in Hospital de Orbigo that has a fireplace. It is also covered with paintings on the walls that pilgrims have made from the paint and easel that the kind man has available to all who want to use them. The warmth here is top notch and it rates among the nicest of places I have stayed. It's been a fine way to start the thanksgiving weekend.

It's quiet and serene where I am today. The perfect setting for the quiet serene mood I am in. I would say melancholy, but it's happier than that :-)

So, happy thanksgiving friends. I am grateful for you. Your willingness to follow along and support my adventure here. And for the privilege of being able to experience it all.

May your thanksgiving weekend be filled with laughter and everything delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment