Wednesday, October 23, 2013

One more night....

Well, there are just 18 Km's to go to Santiago. Sometime early tomorrow afternoon I shall be standing taking a photo in front of the cathedral, and then contemplating where the heck to stay for a couple of days while I rest my feet, go to pilgrim mass, collect my compostella, eat drink and be merry. What a ride.

For my last night in an Alburgue we are sharing it with a group of what I think is early high school students. Maybe even grade 8, it's hard to tell. They don't seem phased by the day's distance, or our presence. It's fun to share the room with them and their overly hormonal behaviour! En camino, todo es possible!

I have been sitting here doing some math. When I started I was staring at 790 Km's. So today, 745 on foot, 45 or so in some form of four (or more) wheeled transportation necessitated by one minor cold, one MAJOR flu, and a hint of ankle pain, new friends from at least half a dozen countries whom I suspect I will remain in touch with, all this and I am joyful tonight for such an amazon experience. I will continue to write over the next couple of days while I decompress in Santiago, and hopefully get a chance to see a few familiar faces as they show up at the Cathedral. My compostella is only a handful of Km's away.

What an adventure it has been. Hopefully the rain holds off tomorrow, just tomorrow. It sure let me have it for most of the day today!!

More tomorrow once I get there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment