Sunday, October 20, 2013

Sarria

Well.... Walked a staggering day today, 27km's across a couple of mountain passes to get to a major town, a bank, some friends and a warm place to sleep.

The first 8 or 9 km today were really quite nice, but the last 20 were clearly provided to reinforce why I have been carrying around this damn rain poncho for the last month. It paid for itself today alone and it doesn't look like the rain is going to let up most of the way to Santiago. Meh, what can you do.

I stayed in Fonfria last night and had a beautiful communal meal. It was one of the tastiest dinners I have had in a while. And the space was charmed. It was almost a round house and I really enjoyed the evening.

I think I have the last of the challenging walks ahead of me tomorrow. From then on its easy distances over relatively flat terrain. I am looking forward to a relatively relaxed finish and a couple of magical days on the other side.

Some friends finished today. I am going to coast to the finish! The last photo is how I am spending my evening tonight... Just a few minutes before bed.

Nite nite.....

No comments:

Post a Comment