After 3 days of not eating much at all, I consumed a fair bit of relatively bland bread products today and I am happy to report that I am feeling entirely human again. This is good news. I will set out walking again tomorrow with no urgent destination. Just see how I do. I concede I would really like to get moving again....
I slept quite well last night and will do the same again tonight. I am sure it will be a whole new ball game tomorrow.
I took an hour today to tour a medieval castle in Ponferrada. It was something. Quite a sight to see the warfare of the time in life size.
Grateful to have been well enough to have not missed the town entirely. Grateful my cab driver stopped for me (in my haze of flu) to allow me to visit cruce ferro. As I wasn't well enough, my rock placements for all of you will be there in Santiago instead. Grateful for the time with South Africa who had to move on ahead today. Grateful for lunch today with friends I haven't seen since early days. Grateful for the care of the local nurse who was so helpful the last couple days.
Looking forward to more steps tomorrow. 200km's to go, and really excited.
No comments:
Post a Comment