Wednesday, October 30, 2013

People come, people go

I am leaving Porto today and have said, and will say goodbye to a few amazing people today. I have already done this a couple of times now, but it seems remiss that I have. It commented fully on this before now.

It is oddly both easy and difficult at the same time. Easy in the sense that you knew it was coming and inevitable when people from such a diverse geography meet on the way. Difficult because of the feeling of the profound experience of have shared with them. The absolute understanding and appreciation they have for what you've done. There is no question I will remain in contact. And regardless I will miss the company and laughter and shared struggle immensely.

I have been blessed with a couple of camino families on this journey. My circle has grown on an international level and i am feeling particularly grateful today sitting staring across the river at yet another beautiful city for the amazing opportunity this has been.

Those of you who haven't left North America in the last while, I really can't say enough how I don't know what you're waiting for :-)

Buen Camino my friends....

1 comment:

  1. You've put it quite accurate, Greg, I feel the same way. Let’s prove that the Camino-family is real by keeping in touch! I see Karolien next Sunday, violĂ ! Buen Camino home, my friend.

    ReplyDelete