Yep, say that three times fast.
Then there was the spot from last night called Tempradios de Los templaros.
There's a growing school of thought that adding 'illo' 'ios' or 'amente' to most words is a fine way to make nearly anything Spanish. I haven't bought in fully, though the idea is starting to grow on me!
The last two days have presented about 25 or 26km each of relatively flat terrain. The 'Meseta' as it is called is the Spanish equivalent of about 120km's of stroll through wheat fields in Saskatchewan. Seriously. It certainly does give you time to think. Finding comfortable silences with your walking mates is just a fact. It's quite nice actually....
There seems to be a bit of a bed bug epidemic going around, and I am thus far happy to report that they don't seem to be finding me at all tasty. Hopefully this trend continues.
It seems I am staying in luxury tonight. The Albuerge privado is lovely. Clean, quiet, lovely friendly staff, and someone is doing my laundry for me right now. This after a hot shower and now a cold beer. Tiny victories I tell you.
A couple of my friends today needed to cab ahead, and tempted as I was to go with them Angela and i decided to take in the sunny afternoon and walk the whole way. It was a beautiful afternoon, and we had some great conversation. I am happy to be sitting.
Tomorrow morning starts with another 18km stretch with no town. This is a mental challenge far more than a physical one as long as you have some food in tow. Never the less I will psych myself up for it in the morning...
The cold seems to finally be under control. I am remaining vigilant and stopped in the big town for more vitamin c and some echinacea. Soup will be the meal of choice this evening....
I was thinking today that this is really a crazy adventure. It's not exactly a relaxing vacation, but will certainly be an experience, and a varied bunch of international people I will never forget. Make the best of your Monday my friends. And have an amazing week....
No comments:
Post a Comment