Thursday, October 3, 2013

Stupid cold....

Well, the relief from the rest day in Burgos was short lived. I am fighting a nasty cold that is hampering sleeping, and although I got through my walk today relatively easily, I am tired.

The generosity of people toward each other here is amazing. I have been inundated with offers of vitamin c, and other oddities aimed at making me feel better. I paid it forward today performing surgery on 'jenn from rochester's' blisters. We're all making sure everyone is taken care of, regardless of how the social circle is constantly changing. It's really a beautiful thing.

I will eat dinner early today, and hopefully get to bed early as well. The town I slept in last night was quite modest. There was no Internet, but I was entertained with the light show from a thunderstorm that really impressed. I have not seen such a steady and intense storm like this in a long time. It is apparently a really rare occurance here as well so I take it was a sign of something :-)

Some beautiful pictures along the way today. Also yesterday. And maybe a video clip that clearly outlines the love hate relationship I had with my day.

Missing home. Thanks for following along :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment